Tuesday, May 6, 2008

HEART OF DARKNESS BROWNIES

Wowza, I told you this cookbook could be dangerous! These really should be called Heart Will No Longer Function After Consumption Brownies. They're totally/totally insane-o, muy delicioso, and I love them to pieces.

HEART OF DARKNESS BROWNIES
from Stick, Chewy, Messy, Gooey
Recipe numero uno from my new dessert cookbook.
Click on photo for larger image.

The ingredients/tools. Melt butter + chocolate together, set aside to cool. Beat up 6 eggs (only after I broke them all did I realize I should have split the recipe in half). Add the sugars + vanilla extract. Add chocolate mixture to egg mixture. Sift in flour + salt. Mix it all up and stir in fixings of choice.

We didn't have snickers and other nut allergies led to the chocolate chip exclusivity. Bake for 20min and throw on a few marshmallows for 2min. Drizzle goodness on top and enjoy.

Some tips:
  • Definitely consider using cupcake liners aka baking cups. No matter how liberally I greased and floured, these suckers did not want to come out easily.
  • Don't overbake the marshmallows as they can get a bit tough. If you think they won't get brown enough, increase the oven temp before throwing the pan back in.
  • Restrict consumption to ONE brownie. They're killer.
  • Holly's right that 6 eggs did not make 700 brownies. It just felt like waaay too much batter in a bowl to not have a solid plan to get them outta my home as soon as they came out of the oven. I recommend creating a plan and list of people to give these to before beginning the process.

No comments: